Monday, September 9, 2013

STRONG

There's this little boy.
A very adorable, crazy, adventurous, fun, full of life little boy.
Today he grew up...right in front of me.
Today this little boy looked at me and said:
"Mommy! What time are your students going to be here today?
And will they be boys or girls? Because I think the girls are really gonna love my outfit!"
I looked at him standing there with a pair of jeans....shirtless....proudly wearing the new
necklace we had made today. It read: STRONG
Today we talked about how strong people make good choices even when it's hard.
I hope this same little boy remembers this concept as he becomes a man.
I hope he remembers that being strong doesn't always mean being the coolest boy.
That being strong doesn't always look popular.
That being strong might not always necessarily come in the form of big muscles.
That being strong means love will always be greater than hate.
That being strong means "I'm sorry and I forgive you".
That being strong means you never give up.
And most of all...I hope this little boy never forgets:
There is a God who fights all our battles for us...and we are strong because of this.

No comments: