Saturday, September 19, 2009

Don't Blink

Jase and I are always talking about what we're gonna do when the kids grow up, move out,
and he can retire. We love to dream about getting a motor home & a super "souped up" golf cart and traveling all over.......but we're also enjoying this season too.


Lately, I've gotten into the habit of rocking Ellie to sleep at night.....because I blinked somewhere along the line....and she's almost 2. Our baby is almost 2.............and there's another on the way. And as much as I'm excited to meet our new little one and get into that season again......I'm wistfully sad that I blinked and forgot to linger in the rocking chair more.


I've also been crawling into bed with Gabe after I rock Ellie for awhile. I love talking to him and snuggling in. I love his little personality that is growing every day........I love how I can have fun conversations with him. I love how he picks up new things every day and how independent he's getting. But I'm wistfully sad, that somewhere along the line......I blinked......and our firstborn son is becoming a little man boy.


So I thought of this song tonite.....wanted to share it with you....and I'm gonna quit blinking!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ySSg4QG8g

1 comment:

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

OK you officially made me cry!!! I feel the same way.. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SONG!! Love you girl!