Monday, May 19, 2008

Diggy Digger

So I was painting again today and having a grand ol time when I heard the customer's daughter singing as she was playing. She says this: "Mom I'm the best digger ever!" (they were cleaning out the toy closet and chest) She then proceeds to start singing a beautiful song that makes me start cracking up. (these moments are when I can't wait for Gabe to start speaking in full sentences instead of his redneck jabber) Her song:

"I'm the best best diggy diggy digger....oh I'm the best best diggy diggy digger...oh oh oh....."
It was great....seriously....I wish I coulda taped it ;)

This of course, got me thinking.......Am I the best diggy digger? I could be....I could be a digger of God's Word. Digging in daily to get closer, deeper, richer, fuller, higher, wider....in His Love.
I do have my daily quiet times....some longer than others. I do get into the Word daily.....but how much "diggy digging" do I really do? How deep am I going each time? I want more deeper digginess than just surface grazing and barely feeling and knowing what exactly God has in store for me. I want to be submersed in Him....so that it's more of Him and less of me daily.

I pray "diggy diggerness" for you in the coming days and weeks ;)
And don't forget: God loves you so very very much......
He adores you and cares for you like no other.

Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: