Sunday, May 18, 2008

Surrender

This morning...sunshine spilled in our patio doors...making the kitchen warm with God's love.
On the way to church...the countryside was green and blooming...God's gentle and artistic hand.
This afternoon....fluffy white clouds drifted low...almost kissing the earth...and the sky was oh so blue in the background...God's promises sat upon every cloud.
This evening....at Blake's grave...the wind blew and the chimes sang beauty...while God's whispers blew in too....and dried away my tears.
I sit now beside the window with moonlight shining in...and I'm surrounded by quietness of the night....God's gift to me. His never ending gifts of love, mercy and grace.

And I surrender again....I lay it all at His feet....my heart....my soul....my life. And say, Not my will, but Yours be done, Father. I lay down my expectations....my hopes....my fears.....I lay down my pride....my sadness and say, I choose to turn my weeping into dancing. For You Father, have promised new life to me....Your love covers all....and You give more grace. When doubt comes again...I lay it at His feet. When anger rises up....I fall at His feet. When oppression pushes down....I press closer to His embrace. Daily....I must surrender. Daily...I must repent. Daily....I dwell in the Father's presence....and surrender to His love. For without it...I am nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yk0Sj7oglk

Love n Hugs....Laura

No comments: