Tuesday, April 8, 2008

THe Verdict

Well as of 1:00 pm today: naptime....Gabe has not up chucked once.....
He ran around all morning being very irritable, doing bad things he knows better than to do, got many spankings, used a box of kleenex, drooled like crazy, had VERY smelly poo, and acted fine otherwise. Soooooooo, the verdict is this: he must still be working on getting his 2 yr molars in (i've been told by many it's a long process). Ever since he got his first tooth, we knew he was teething by these signs: very smelly poo, sore bottom, lotsa drooling, irritable, and runny noses sometimes joined by a cough. He didn't cough at all this morning, although he did a little bit when I put him in bed, and I just ignored it to see what would happen.....so far so good.....I'd have to say I'll be very thankful if this doesn't end up being the flu bug, cuz i hate it!!! I can handle teething a little easier.

Today I'm trying to get caught up on laundry. Honestly, I don't see how families do it that have more than 2 kids.....I guess there never is caught up time as long as we all wear clothes, eh? And then Lil miss Ellie is going thru another "spitty stage" that means we go thru many burp rags a day.....*sigh* My friend Melinda stopped by at lunch time and told me "This too shall pass." And on Sunday she told me be thankful for this stage, cuz the older they get, the more drama, the more mouthing back, etc.......so I shall be thankful in all things!

As I was thinking about how washing our dirty clothes never stops, I got to thinking it's the same with our hearts and attitudes. As long as we are striving to live for Jesus, we will continually need daily cleansing from Him. As long as we are attaining for the Heavenly goal, we will need constant mercy and forgiveness as we are humans....and although we'll never be perfect, we can strive to be more like Jesus. Our attitudes sometimes need adjusted by our Father, and every once in awhile some of us have to go thru spiritual heart transplants in the purifying process.

Thank You Father that Your love covers all. Thank You Father for being our rock and holding us steady when our legs get wobbly. Thank You that You wash us anew each day. In Jesus' name...Amen.

Love n Hugs....Laura

No comments: