Monday, April 7, 2008

Up Chuck

*WARNING* DO NOT read if you have faintatheart sydrome or queasy stomach.....

So the last 3 nights Gabe has up-chucked in his bed...very nice let me tell ya....
He has had a cold/cough/getting 2 yr molars going on for awhile now, sooooo.....
The last 2 nights he has coughed we think to get our attention, cuz we go running in when we hear the most awful wretching/gagging noises and immediatley he stops and points at the little circle of you know what that he has made in bed. And begins to jabber like a madman....(or his latest jabbering madman attitude when he's trying to distract you from giving him a spanking) not sure which is funnier, but the important point is that we follow thru with discipline and not let his little act sway us ;) So after the first night of this happening and him acting fine then running around acting silly while we changed his bed, we thought, okay, he can't be sick. Then it happens again last night, same thing.....so we change his bed, he acts fine and we give him the talk. No more gagging, time for sleep! He goes to sleep after some fake crying (that's pretty funny too but we don't let him know it) Well, tonite he does it again and I run in there before it gets serious hoping to prevent the saga continuing. So, he and I have "the talk"again and then just as I am walking away, he quickly gags and this time it shoots thru the air and onto the carpet since he was still standing in his crib.......nice........so mommy yells saying "Stop! Stop! Stop! (as if he can once chuck starts coming up the up) and the poor boy starts crying....so mommy apologizes and cleans the carpet. We talk some more and he calms down. I go out and wait by the moniter to see if I can hear anything, I call my mom to tell her the details and hear him coughing again. Okay, he really has tons of drainage, is going thru a box of Kleenex a day (ask my mom, it's true!) so I understand if his throat feels yucky and he just wants to get it out, so that's why we give him a drink when he starts gagging, to help out. Well, I go back in there and he has proceeded to up chuck ALL OVER in his bed....unbelievable....the mattress pad and sheets are gonna be in shreds soon because of all the washings and dryings they have taken! So I take him out (at this time Ellis is screaming in hunger and tiredness) I call my hubby (who has just sat down to watch the Final Four bball game at a friends) and say please come home, I can't deal with this by myself tonite and after all they are your children too. And the wonderful man he is, leaves his place of bliss, no smell of up chuck, no screaming baby, no gaggy boy, and comes home to rescue us. Gabe is running around at this point acting all fine, but I have no idea if he's sick or not....seriously....is it the flu or just cuz the crap that's running down his throat???

Oh, and more drama........"Key" which is Gabe's monkey that he sleeps with and only sucks his thumb with got up chucked upon ( the first time I wiped him off as good as possible because his life turns upside down if he can't sleep with him, the second time he got it good) so Key had to go into the wash machine with the rest of the mess. A friend from church had found him another monkey (and my parents also) just like Key but he would have nothing to do with them as he could tell they were different. So Jason and I had to give him the other "new one" tonite and he proceeded to throw a fit so we went into this big spiel about how we gave monkey and bath and blow dried him and that's why he looked so fluffy and new (unlike Key who's fluff is flat and tail is VERy flat) he didn't buy it. So because I didn't know if he was sick and he wasn't calming down in bed after sticking him in and he kept throwing monkey out, I decided to rock him. Jason moved the rocker into his room and I enjoyed rocking my big baby to sleep. I'm tellin' ya....I haven't done it in forever cuz I'm big on keeping my kids on schedules and a routine and I quit rocking him towards the end of my pregnancy with Ellie cuz it got so stinkin' awkward and I knew I needed to get out of that habit before baby #2 came......soooooo I totally had the greatest precious moment tonite even after all that hibity bibity. Wow....it was amazing. He would jabber all the words he knows how to say then started drifting off to la-la land and all of a sudden pops his eyes open, looks up at me and says: Hi in the flirtacious way he says it....it was great. It was a good time of just praying over him too while I held him.

My husband just informed me that the game just went into overtime and it's 10:30 pm....poor guy, this is what happens when ya don't have TV.....you have to "watch" the scores on the internet and sadly wish you could see it all instead of running home to clean up chuck. So if you see my hubby this week: remind him what a great guy he is!!!!

Hope you all hava great week! Happy Monday, eh?

Love n Hugs...Laura

1 comment:

mjvan said...

Sounds like a very busy night! Kinley did that a couple nights awhile ago. His was just drainage that needed to get out, but it is no fun to have to clean up. Chris actually got upchucked on one night. He handled it very well! :)
How about we meet at 5pm in Gilman in the McDonalds parking lot? We can go from there. Dinner sounds good.