Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Solid Rock

By Edward Mote
"My hope is built on nothing less Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood, Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my Hope and Stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound, O may I then in Him be found!
Dressed in His righteousness alone, faultless to stand before the throne!

ON CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK I STAND,
ALL OTHER GROUND IS IS SINKING SAND.
ALL OTHER GROUND IS SINKING SAND."

Today I'm giving up trying to fight the battle. I've been having back pain since I was 16 yrs old. For 9 years I have just lived with it...excruiating at times, others not so bad. When I was pregnant with Gabe, it became horrible sciatic pain the last 4 months. I couldn't turn over in bed, or get up without pain shooting down my right leg. Sometimes, my leg would just give out and I couldn't put any weight on the right side. As soon as he was born, it left. With Ellie, the same thing happened the last trimester. This time it happened in my left side also and I couldn't pick up Gabe without horrible pain shooting down my legs or them giving out. Once again, when Ellie was born, the sciatic pain left. I was so thankful to be able to function normally again.

This morning I woke up in alot of pain. I got out of bed and pain shot down my left leg...and it kept giving out on me. I thought, whoa, I know I'm not pregnant, so what's up with this? It hurt to left both kids this morning....by noon it was horrible. I'm not one that is big on taking meds (tylenol, etc) So I'm finally going to the doctor tomorrow. I guess I kept thinking I could be tough and deal with it. But looking back, there's probably so many things I have done bad to my back without thinking. I grew up on a dairy farm and I remember doing chores for years...I don't ever remember anyone tell me to lift with my arms and legs. I worked on a pig farm for awhile too, old enough to know how to use the right muscles properly, but I still think the long days of pressure washing buildings and lifting so many heavy things took it's toll.

When it hurts to lift my kids and my legs give out, this scares me. I want to be able to take care of my kids and play with them. So today, I'm gonna quit trying to be tough and get my rear into the doctor. I ask that you would please pray for good reports (I've known so many who have had to get back surgery and that scares me too). And today, I'm going to choose God's perfect Love for me over fear. And today, I'm going to choose to stand on the solid rock...and lean on His holy name.

Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: