Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Healthy Stuff

So last night at 9:30 pm I decided to put to good use the 2 bananas i had left that were darkening rapidly. I made these yummy banana bars with whole wheat instead of white and they were so yummy as I tested them shortly after taking them outa oven. Only problem was, I had taken them out too soon (don't ask me why I didn't do the toothpick test...okay, wait, maybe because the recipe called it bars and not cake!) so after eating 3 pieces and declaring it not done on top level of bars, i turned oven back on at 11 pm and baked them 10 min longer.....not quite as soft and yummy as before but almost....at least we won't be growing any worms in our tummies now at least. then today, i turned my healthy bars into not so healthy by adding homemade cream cheese frosting. they are pretty stinkin' good for having 2 cups of whole wheat flour in them!! but the real verdict is: what does my mama say about them? she is the real inspector ;)

TFTD: "It's not what all a man has, but what has him." B. Johnson

Love n Hugs...Laura

1 comment:

mjvan said...

Sounds yummy! I have some bananas on my counter too. I think they want to be turned into banana bread. ;)