Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mr. Clean and I

So Mr. Clean and I got real intimate this morning....VERY...let me tell ya.
Last night, I sat down and wrote a list of things to accomplish today and wow....when I make
lists, I do so much better!

Laundry continues....I know we only have 2 kids, but it's season changing so that means out with the old and in with the new counting garage sale findings....which MUST be washed. We also wash things when we get them from the store...I know maybe we're weird, but my mama taught me it and it stuck...once you do something for so long you think the other way is gross!

Gabe and I got all the vaccuming done....he was in heaven, this boy still loves to clean praise the Lord!!! AND we got all the ceiling fans/light fixtures cleaned!!!! (every room in our house except the bathroom has one....we love it, but hate cleaning them.) AND we got all the windowsills cleaned out with good ol Mr. Clean too.....cuz once we start opening these windows, there's no turning back and the winter dirt MUST go.......it got real interesting when Gabe got tired of doing his own cleaning and tried to clean right in Mommy's path.......*sigh* I will continue to be thankful for this stage ;) We also got a yummy lunch made and sat down and ate with Daddy in the middle of all of it.

Whew....I'm sooooooooooooooooo thankful for naptime.....I've got Ellie on a schedule where she naps at Gabe's naptime too so that I can have some quiet time....and coffee with blueberry scones today.... ;) yum!

Anyways.....Mr. Clean and I getting intimate reminds me of my relationship with Jesus. How I need to be in constant step with him to stay pure and holy. You can always tell when Mr. Clean hasn't been out and about for awhile at our house....things getting grimey and grungy lookin' and sometimes get a "film" or (layer of dirt). So it is with our lives....if we don't stay in tune with Jesus and keep Him our "Mr. Clean"...we will become grimey and grungy and get a layer of dirt from the world upon us and we don't function and live as fully and healthily as we should and could. Mr. Clean always leaves a wonderful smelling aroma at our house too...and likewise with Jesus. If we let Him be our cleaning agent, we will radiate and have lovely "Stink good" about us too.

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to LIFE. And who is sufficient for these things? For we are not, as so many, peddling the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ." 2 Corinthians 2:14-17 (NKJV)

Love n Hugs...Laura

1 comment:

mjvan said...

Spring cleaning can be fun, but it is really hard with a little one who likes to follow in your shadow. I try to do most of mine when Kinley is asleep. I started on the garage this week, but I have to have a dumpster come to finish! Yuck!