Thursday, April 24, 2008

Are You Hooked Up?

Yesterday Mom, the kids, Barb, and Keegan and I decided to make a trip over to Pontiac to McDonalds and Walmart. I know, I know, all you who know me, know that I DO NOT take my kids shopping with me....BUT my dear mama said, (after I drug and drug and DRUG my feet) it won't be that bad, I'll be here to help keep the monkey under control. Ha....yeah right...like that's happenin. But it did happen...we had alot of fun...and Gabe didn't yell too loudly or whine more than usual. (we are having huge issues with mr. stubborn and "I want my way" child right now.) if only spanking and discipline would work. You know what I would love?!?!?! If I only had to spank once and the rest of the day that would be enough to straighten him out.....but no....it doesn't work that way with Gabe the Babe. So I shall continue to pray harder than ever over this son of ours. I love him dearly...I just wish I could figure out what exactly is most effective in helping him listen and obey.
Anyways....this wasn't supposed to be a story about Gabe. On our way over we saw a bad train wreck. It was right alongside Old Route 66. Coming up to it we could see about 5 freight cars missing from the MIDDLE of the train. How weird! On one side of the tracks, 4 cars were laying on their side in the field and wheels were everywhere! On the other side, a freight car laid on it's side just feet from the road.....thankfully, as far as we know, no cars were hit. It just looked horrible....the gas guys were already there, the railroad company, the telephone guys, cops, you name it...they were all there. When we came back thru on our way home, about 8 oversized load semis were there with big cranes to lift the cars...it would have been great to sit and watch them clean it up....but there were so many people around we didn't. It was just so weird that the rest of the train was still on the tracks and the 5 cars from the middle had jut unhooked or broken. Made me think of this:
1- Are we hooked up securely with our Conductor?
2- Are we in unison with our fellow freight cars?
3- Are we are the right track?
4- Are we traveling at the right speed?
5- Are we attentive and aware to our surroundings?
6- Is our train headed in the right direction?
If not...we will crash, wreck, burn, and be out of control.
"...Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul...
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." Psalm 143:8&10
Love n Hugs...Laura

1 comment:

Aunt D said...

I think it is so wonderful how you are able to take any situation presented to you and weave it back to God's word/plan for us. Girl..you need to get paid for this stuff as you can really break it down for the average guy/girl to understand.

Thanks so much for your time and talents! XO XO Aunt D