Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dancing in the Rain

I got an email today that really spoke to what my heart has been feeling lately.
It said these simple words:

"Life isn't about all the storms, but it's about how to dance in the rain."

Thank You Father for this simple but so important of a reminder!

We had an awesome morning at church, great sermon, and Jason and I went up for prayer just to have a renewed desire in our hearts to serve Jesus and each other with a greater passion. I'm expectant to see what God will do in the following weeks and excited to watch things happen in our home.
After lunch, we put Gabe down for his usual naptime. He would not go to sleep....was jumping in bed like a crazy boy, singing, yelling, and carrying on, so I finally went in and talked to him. I thought maybe he was hyper and thought quiet talking would settle him. But when I knelt down to get at his level he just jumped higher, had a huge smile and just started jabbering a blue streak into my face.....i couldn't understand a word he said but his face absolutley glowed like he was the happiest boy in the world. I said, " Honey, what are you doing?" He didn't say a word to me, but his grin got bigger, his jumps got higher and he started raising his hands in the air and then looked me straight in the eyes as he did this. I caught on quick. I said, "Gabriel, are you praising Jesus?" He shook his head yes and started clapping his hands. That was completley fine with me if he wanted to praise God before going to sleep so I left him still carrying on....an hour later he was finally quiet. What a blessing this boy is even with all his oneriness.....There is nothing that makes me happier than to see our son do this....and if it makes my heart swell, I can't imagine what our Heavenly Father must feel in His ;)

Thank You Father for these precious gifts of children.....we want to raise them up to serve You, God, and be mighty warriors in Your kingdom. May everything we do in "growing them up" be glorifying to You. In Jesus' Name...Amen.

Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: