Saturday, April 19, 2008

Heart Cry

"After years of hearing the heart cry of women, I am convinced beyond a doubt of this: God wants to be loved. He wants to be a priority to someone. How could we have missed this? From cover to cover, from beginning to end, the cry of God's heart is, "Why won't you choose me?" It is amazing to me how humble, how vulnerable God is on this point. "You will find me," says the Lord, "when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13). In other words, "Look for me, pursue me--I want you to pursue me." Amazing. As Tozer says, "God waits to be wanted."

~excerpt taken from Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge

Sometimes I get angry at God when I don't understand why certain things keep happening over and over again that frustrate or hurt me. I think...where are You Father? Why isn't this prayer getting answered...why do I feel pain over and over again? And then He shows me like He did tonite...."Look for Me, Child....dive into the river of life...of peace...of joy...of love. And only when you do this will everything else fall away. For when you submerse yourself in the river...you will be submersed in Me. I will surround you, cover you, shelter you, protect you...hold you. Dive into Me with your whole heart."

Today my piano students had their first recital at a local nursing home. They were all so cute and did such a great job....I was so proud of them. They had begged me to play also, so I did...and actually got nervous......hmmmm, this means I need to get back at volunteering playing at the nursing homes, eh? Most of them were sleeping or hard of hearing, so I really shouldn't have been nervous. I think it was more that the parents were all there and it was their first time (for some of them) hearing THE piano teacher play...the one that teaches their kids...so I wanted to do well. My neck breaks out in red blotches (just like Faith Hill...glad I'm not the only one!!!) when I get nervous, excited, angry, etc....and it's there for all the world to see. So of course, this happened today and the kids noticed right away. I think in a way it made them feel better, their teacher got nervous too ;) I taught for about 6 years before I moved to Watseka, then when we moved back this past summer I started getting calls right away again. I wasn't sure I really wanted to teach again...I had loved it before but got burned out. But I'm so glad I started it up again. I love working with this kids, listening to their talent, getting to know them, and making extra money on the side.

Gabe was in tractor heaven today. We were at Mom and Dads and Dad and Joshua got a new mower so they had all 3 mowers going today...Gabe was watchin them from inside the house and kept saying: Tractor! Tractor! Isaac came in and got him after they were done, so he got his "tractor ride". Another reason why we're so glad it's getting nice out....the tractor fun starts again!!!! Yipee! Dad has an old John Deere A that Gabe loves to ride with him, and he'll make the "pop pop pop" noises really cute ;)

Lil Miss Ellie has really turned into a chatter box and "shrieker".....she is definatley a female! She is a very happy and content baby and we've been so blessed by her. I got all her spring/summer clothes out and CANNOT wait to dress her in all those cute cute outfits!!!! (and quit dressing in layers....our furnace hasn't ran for almost a wk! and we've opened windows!!!!! praise God!)

Well, time for bed.....hava great rest of the weekend.
Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: