Friday, March 28, 2008

Vicks to the Rescue!

Okay...so we have been superly abundantly blessed this winter with our kids not getting sick.
About a month before Ellie was born back in October Gabe threw up twice then was fine....we didn't lose any sleep or anything, so that was something to be thankful for.
Twice this winter I got strep throat and both times I got the shot in-da-rear....I get super sick when I have strep and it was NOT fun....but yet, I'd rather be sick than watch our poor babies get sick. Jason had a bad cough/brochitis twice this winter too, but once again, we felt blessed it wasn't our kids. But can you expect to get thru a whole winter/spring without yer kids getting sick and passing it on to each other?? Since they love to snot-touch-wipe nose-touch-snot around-touch, etc...you all know what I'm talking about.

So Gabe is getting his 2 yr molars I'm pretty sure..all the drooling he's doing, man he has his own lake about now, we've got a spot in our yard called Gabester Lake, we pour all his drool in daily, it's becoming an ocean...beware! Low temp off and on, runny fountain nose and now the cough...yuck! poor kid, you just wish you could show them how to hack up all those hair balls, but it is a technique we master with maturity I guess. But just so you know: VICKS on the feet at night time cures it all! (well not the runny nose, ocean still expanding also) All the emails that float around and ya wonder if they are true? well, this one is.....every night we put vicks on gabe's feet and cover it up with socks and stick him in bed, the cough doesn't start again til he's running around the next day playing. A miracle! A wonderful remedy!

Well, Lil Miss Ellie got the runny nose, has been chewing like crazy and drooling......soooo I've been wondering if she would get teeth early like Gabe did. He started at 4 mths.....crazy I know....and I'm a breastfeeding mama....just wonderful! Discipline starts young with saying No, No to biting......*sigh* but it's so worth it ;) So she's congested now, praise the Lord for Baby Vicks Rub and cool mist humidifiers!!!! We finally got a good night's sleep last night (after 3 rough nights) when I decided, let's try vicks with her too....but you can't put it on baby's younger than 3 months. And you have to get Baby's vicks....otherwise, like my friend Whitney says: The child will scream if you use adult stuff....thanks for the tip Whit!

Hope you all are staying healthy and will get thru the weather change smoothly ;)

No comments: