Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Thorns

Today our dear little monkey boy patted his bum and said "Poo! I Poo!" He's not 2 yrs old until May and I was going to push off the start of new adventures until then. You know: the delightful adventures of potty training with boys?!?!? But, I must say...if he can tell me he has poo, then maybe I should direct him where to properly fling it as they say in monkey land ;) I am getting very tired of changing 2 kids diapers and very tired of watching our money go towards just that...but it makes me very tired to think about trying to tackle the feat of potty training an onery monkey boy. *sigh* I believe I will stop thinking upon it tonite...get some sleep....and ponder it again tomorrow. Wish me luck!
I saw a beautiful sunset tonite as I sat outside to drink my coffee...and it was perfectly windstill...and the birds were singing...I think they're telling us that spring is coming soonly!!

I will leave you with this prayer tonite.
"Dear God...
I have never thanked You for my thorns. I have thanked You a thousand times for my roses, but never once for my thorns. Teach me the glory of the cross I bear; teach me the value of the thorns. Show me that I have climbed closer to You along the path of pain. Show me that, through my tears the colors of Your rainbow look much more brilliant. In Jesus' Name..Amen"

Another week to live for Jesus...may it be a week full of dancing for Him instead of whining for us. Happy Monday tomorrow! Love n Hugs....Laura

2 comments:

Kim said...

NOah has been telling us he pooped for a little while now. However, when we try to sit him on the potty chair he balks and gets off it really quickly. I have actually put the potty chair away for the moment because he takes it apart and puts it over his head. I am hoping that when he is really ready for it to happen, it will be a smooth transition (many of my friends said that when their child was ready, it kind of happened "somewhat" naturally). However, having not successfully gone through it yet...I can't say that for sure. It's quite possible your little man could be up for it. You could always try and see what happens. Don't necessarily listen to me...I'm shelving the idea because I don't want to tackle it and a newborn at the same time. I'm chicken.

mjvan said...

Kinley has gone poo on the potty a couple of times. Mainly because he gets constipated very easily and it is easier for him to push it out on the potty. I'm hoping that will make it an easier transition when he is ready to potty train. :)