Saturday, March 8, 2008

LOVE

C. S. Lewis describes the urgency of learning this lesson:

"Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung, possibly be broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully around with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket-safe, dark, motionless, airless-it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable."

I'm finding out the one thing that I so earnestly want to do well...to love...is sometimes the hardest task to accomplish on some days. I want to love someone even when I don't like them. I want to radiate love in all I do even when I don't feel like shining. I want to love like Jesus even when sometimes I feel it's so impossible.

"Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit." Peter Ustinov

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear..." 1 John 4:18

Hava good weekend. Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: