Monday, March 10, 2008

Rabbit Trails

And thus, one of the many reasons I love our little monkey boy...even despite all the strong willedness and onery monkey business he creates daily...I do so love him! Today he decided he was big enough to eat a carrot without mommy cutting it up...so i gave in and let him be a big boy. It took him about 20 minutes to get a baby carrot down....now mind you, he was watching his favorite movie: Hillsong Kids Worship, so he was kinda distracted...but he was chewing it so well, i was so very impressed! Then I saw the rabbit trails...on the floor, teeny tiny pieces of orange led a trail wherever Gabe's feet went. You see, he would chew it up so well, then have such a huge mouthful of tiny pieces, that before he would swallow, some would drop out. Okay, so maybe we'll call them rabbit droppings from a monkey....ha ha! It was too stinkin' cute.. I had to share. I have decided after much counsel with the ever so great Jody Laughlin--mother to 3 boys--somebody give her a big hoo-yeah!...that I shall wait to potty train Gabe the Babe until after his 2nd birthday...possibly longer...middle of summer maybe. It is much supported by my mama, so what more counsel do I need after consulting with a mother of 3 boys and a mother of 4 boys?? (okay maybe I just wanted to procrastinate longer ;)

Little Miss Ellie is changing so much...it still amazes me how fast the time goes and how quickly they grow up before our eyes. With Gabe, I couldn't wait to see all the new phases, stages, etc....with her, I want to make it slow down! Although, we are looking forward to this summer when she's crawling, sitting, etc. She's kinda acting like she's trying to find her thumb and suck it. And ya know what? Jase and I are encouraging it! We praise her and encourage her when we see it. We have decided the binky is stinky and it's a royal pain to keep track of . And personally, I think it's much more germy than the thumb. So who ever thought we'd be encouraging our kids to be thumb suckers?!?! Maybe cuz Gabe was so easy to break of it, take his monkey away, and he doesn't suck it. Give it back and he sucks it. Therefor: Monkey will not be going to school with him!

Jason, my love, is currently working on having the biggest aphro (sp?) I ever saw. For those of you that know him...have you ever seen him when he's way overdue for a haircut?? His hair is super thick and now it's giving him a whole new look(because he also lets his goatee get scruffy too to match the length of hair and chops)...I should take a picture. Tomorrow night the faculty at PC High School are having a dodgeball tournament and Jase got asked to play...I can't wait to see that hair soaring thru the air with him ;) I shall never forget the sight I'm sure...and guess what, he had a haircut appt tomorrow night, but asked me to change it, so he could play the game. I think he's smoking something, he never changes his appts!!!

TFTD:
"The proof of love is in the works, Where love exists, it works great things.
But when it ceases to act, It ceases to exist." ~ Saint Gregory the Great

Love n Hugs...Laura

2 comments:

The Timothy's said...

Hey there Laura isn't this fun blogging? Sally and Mandy have gotten me hooked. I cant wait to see pics you your babies. I cant believe how fast they grow.

mjvan said...

You do need to take picture of Jason! I don't know that I've ever seen him with long hair. :)