Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mommy's Day Out

I'm rejuvinated to a whole other level. Today was my day out...with no kids...and guess what? I get it Friday too! I feel so lucky-blessed!

The car needed work done so bless my mom's heart....she came over to watch the kiddos all day (because it ended up being an all day job) This is what I did to enjoy my day:
1--First of all, instead of taking the Obrien Automotive Team Shuttle...I test drove a black 2007 Outlander...we are a part of their family since my dad does work for them so we still get discounts, etc. So today, my friend said: Take a car for the day, let me get you my newest one...it had 25 stinkin' miles on it! can I get a hooyeah?!?!?!? THOU SHALT NOT COVET BRAND NEW CARS, Laura!! Like we would ever be able to afford that, even with our family discount!! I never should have taken it...I fell madly, deeply in love....and now I'm sad...I have never experienced this feeling of "wanting something new so bad!" Must be a test from God..."I have learned whatsover state I am in, to be content". Yes....I shall not covet.
2-Went to Great Harvest Bread Co. and had some yummy coffee and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then bought 4 bags of yummy carbs for Mom's house and ours.
3-Went clothes shopping for myself at my favorite store: Plato's Closet....and found some fun new shorts for summer!!!! AND: they are long!!! Then come almost to my knees!!! This is so hard for me to find with my long legs....and i found more than one! Jackpot!
4--Berean Bookstore....browsing, bathroom break, and milk parlor stop ( pumping in style)
5- Shopping stop #2....Walmart.... got big boy undies and much more than I should have...but it was oh so fun ;) By this time I had a huge headache as it was 2:00 and I had forgotten to eat lunch....sooooo......
6---Last stop...Panera Bread....YUM! I had the most relaxing and yummy soup and sandwich and choc chip cookie lunch you ever saw....I ate in peace and read my Beth Moore: Breaking Free book.....but got really distracted in watching adorable twin girls ( 1 yr old) sitting next to me in their stroller, eating lunch...and started missing my kids. But what a great day!
Thank you mom....for all you do for me....for all yer yummy baking....for all your babysitting...for all the times you hang out with me...even Dodge ball tournaments! ;) it was great fun!!

Well, believe it or not...I'm pooped out! Time for bed...I'll leave you with yer TFTD (For those of you who are just joining me: Thought for the Day)

Be a light, not a judge. Be a model, not a critic. Be part of the solution not a part of the problem. Look at the weakness of others with compassion, not accusation. It's not what they are doing or should be doing thats the issue. The issue is your own chosen response to the situation and what you should be doing. If you start to think the problem is 'out there', stop yourself. That thought is the problem.

Love n Hugs...Laura

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad that you got a mom break! Those are invaluable and they make you appreciate your kids all the more when you finally get back to them.