Monday, February 3, 2014

Choosing Joy and Sparkle and Shine

I really wanted to be grumpy today.
Grumpy that it's still so cold. Grumpy that we still have this much snow.
Grumpy with the weather forecasts that more of this hibity-bibity is coming.
Grumpy that spring seems to be taking forever to get here.
But then the sun started shining really bright.
And I looked out the window and saw a lot of sparkling happening on the white snow on the back
patio. And it just kept sparkling....while I stood there and stared at it with my Sugar Cookie coffee in my hands.
And these 6 little sweet kiddos keep laughing...and playing together so well...having so much fun.
Using their imaginations and acting as if they don't have a care in the world.
And a certain sweet little Baby Monkey...that really isn't a baby monkey anymore....went
to the dryer and started pulling out towels and wash rags and folding them....and all the while,
she was singing and dancing around. Her blond little curls were twirling around as she stood
there and folded all the laundry without me asking.....and she was singing: "Jesus loves me....Jesus loves me....Jesus loves me." It was her own little made up song that she kept singing over and over.
My heart just melted......And I couldn't do it.....I couldn't be grumpy.
Because right now? I'm surrounded with too many reasons to smile and be grateful for.
There's a lot of joy and sparkling and shining going on....and that's what I will focus on today :)

No comments: