Monday, September 9, 2013

Glory Days

Hanging out with coughing little monkies all day (after a sleepless night)....drinking coffee....slathering on Vicks....drinking coffee....wiping yucky noses...drinking coffee.....giving breathing treatments....wasn't exactly how I had planned this Sunday to go.
We had church, football party, food, and fun on the agenda.
However...tucking in little monkies tonight with more Vicks and warm lemon juice and raw honey and cinnamon tonics...I realized these days are the glory days.
The glory days of parenting end up being just like these:
We weren't running here and there and everywhere.
We did face painting.....in our own house.....not waiting in line with 100 million other kids.
Sure, one monkey may have said to me: "Um, Mommy, I don't think this is what it's supposed to look like!" But hey...we face painted.
We all layed on the living room floor at one point and gave back massages. These monkies give the best of the best :)
We made a 30 minute funniest home video to send Uncle Isaac in Ireland.
We cuddled....a lot.
We had no where to be at any certain time. Our kids were all under the same roof.
And as I'm held close tonight by my bestest friend....the man who keeps me going....who keeps me sane.......I'm thinking I need to start lingering in the glory days now....and being grateful for the here and now.
Before these days become memories of "remember when." #blessedmamamonkey

No comments: