Friday, June 21, 2013

MONKEYSTORY #708



Date Day with my amazing boy.....
We leave the store and head back to the truck. I walk to Gabe's side to help him and
he grins and runs to the driver's side. I follow him and laugh, "Sorry buddy! You aren't
old enough yet to drive Uncle Jake's awesome big truck! But someday you will be!!"
He looks at me, then opens the door for me and just waits.
"Come on Mommy! Get in! Let me open the door for you!"
It's at that moment, that I absolutely melt.....
I get in....and he slams the door behind me, runs back around, and jumps up as high
as his little 7 year old legs can jump, slams his door and then just sits there and smiles at me.
"Gabe, thank you for doing what you did....that was so sweet...., you just made my day!"
He just keeps smiling. We get about a mile down the road and Gabe says:
"You know, Mommy.....you could put a dollar or two in my money jar if you want since I opened your door for you.......but only if you really want to."  *sigh* so in love with these monkies :)

No comments: