Friday, November 23, 2012

Life Decisions

Tonite {after the kids had all been tucked in} I was laying with Gabe and helping him read on all his school word posters on his wall.
It wasn't long before the girls snuck in and Ellie informed me that I needed to come to their room next and "do school" with them. I informed her very kindly that is was getting late and I would gladly do school with her tomorrow. She argued with me that it wasn't fair he got to do school at bedtime if the girls couldn't. I told her very firmly that was enough aruging and to go back to bed. Her bottom lip came out, she crossed her arms, starting stomping out of the room, stopped at the door, looked back at me and stated, "Well, I'm not happy with your decision Mommy!!" And left me with my mouth hanging open. I really don't feel very prepared for this "girl stuff"....growing up with 4 brothers on a farm was so very different than all this "pink princess barbie tea party-ish" shenanigans. We just might have to relocate the monkies and move to the country.....and gets some cows and pigs. Or send her on a hunting trip with Uncle Jake!!!

No comments: