Monday, October 1, 2012

MamaMonkey Ramblings

 
 
 
For all the times I get so frustrated and wonder if any of our "parenting and love and discipline" is getting thru to these stubborn little monkies.....today I felt like God said, "here let me show you."
 
Twice today, we heard Gabe say kind things. Once to one of our students here after school and the second time out on the soccer field during his game to another boy. And it's at that point that I just want to cry and do a happy dance like a crazy MamaMonkey all at the same time.....cuz man, this parenting stuff is tough.
 
 It's so worth every part of it....but some days, you just need to see the payoff. Like today: when i spent a part of my morning cleaning NON-FLUSHABLE baby wipes out of the toilet FULL OF PEE that BabyMonkey decided to stuff the bowl full of. REALLY....i can think of better things to do on a Monday morning.
 
And then there's Monkies G & E finding great delight in playing "LETS RUN AWAY FROM BABYMONKEY!!!! EVERY DAY!!! EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF THE DAY!!! AND MAKE HER SCREAM AND CRY AND THROW A FIT.....EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF THE DAY!!! LET'S TAKE HER BABIES AND HIDE THEM FROM HER. LET'S TAKE HER BABY BOTTLES AND HOLD THEM ABOVE HER HEAD WHERE SHE CAN'T REACH THEM."
 
And then night time comes....monkies are tucked in....the house gets quiet...and PapaMonkey and I sneak out the back door and hop in our private jet and fly away to a exotic beach........I mean...I mean....we sit on the couch and look at all the toys I forgot to have them pick up...and say:"Yeah, life is good. We're gonna miss this someday" :)

No comments: