Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Hearts

After being a complete failure of a wife and mama yesterday and being a complete Grumpy McGrumpster....I took turns crawling into bed and cuddling with the monkies last night because that makes everything better. After a 10 minute arguement with Ellie about her wanting a drink after getting into bed and we are trying to get away from pullups at night....i tried changing the subject. I say, "Ellie ...
how do you think we get happy hearts after we have been grouchy?" She stops, thinks, smiles and says, "If you let me have just one teeny tiny itty bitty drink of water after i'm already in bed and i promise not to wet the bed.....then i will have a happy heart." Gabe's response was quick: "Just ask God for rainbows" and then proceeds with: "Mommy can you read me a story now without a book?" I ask him how I do that. He says, "Just say once upon a time...." I tell him I just want him to tell me a story. He giggles then does "once upon a time there was a man named jake. he got a 4wheeler and he rode it and went and picked up his girl(giggles) and they went hunting and then he got her a marry ring."(more giggles) i stopped him and said, what is that? He picks up my hand and points to my finger and says, Isn't this a marry ring?" (smart monkey) Then Jake gives her the marry ring and they load up his 4wheeler on the trailer and the end." (uncontrollable giggles at this point) Thank You God for kids....they are so good for our hearts. They make happy hearts :)

No comments: