Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti Relief

Hi Friends....

About 7 years ago, I had the privalege of going on a mission trip to Haiti.
We went to Lifeline Orphanage and spent a week.....one of the most amazing weeks of my life.
So the devastating news about the country has hit close to my heart.

I was told the Orphanage is doing okay; they suffered minor injuries and part of the privacy/safety wall has fallen down (they are hoping to repair soonly).

The friend of mine that I went with is now returning and they are hoping to take medical supplies with them. Just wondered if any of you would be able to donate supplies and make a difference this way. I would love to hop on a plane in a heartbeat and actually go there to help out.......but obviously......I am not at that season of life that I can ;) So this is one way I can help.

Please either leave a message on my blog or contact me by email:
countrygal141@hotmail.com

May God bless you for your love!!!


Gauze 4 x 4
IV supplies
Elastic/ace bandages - 4", 6", 8"
Kirlex
Clean bandages
Betadine
Plaster bandages for casts
Sheet cotton for putting under plaster casts sheets
Analgesic injectables - ketamine?
Antibiotic injectables
IV antibiotics
Oral antibiotics.
Pain medicines
Gloves, sterile and non-sterile

Medications cannot be outdated and should have at least 6 months before expiration. Other supplies can be close to expiration. Please pack like items together. For example, all dressings in one box and IV supplies in another box. Label clearly on the outside of the box the items and the number.

No comments: