Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Yumminess

We bought some yummy Indiana blueberries and I found some great recipes.....I made blueberry dessert for Gabe (altered with all the ingredients he can only have)
Blueberry bread for us.......that I took today and suprised Jason at work with a morning treat
and my brother at work with his co-workers. I was declared the world's bestest wife AND was told at my brother's farm anytime I wanted to try new recipes on them I was welcome to it!
The kids of course got to visit the baby calves so that was part of the plan ;)
Blueberry Bread
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 c oil (or applesauce as I did)
4 eggs
2 pkgs of frozen strawberries OR blueberries (I used fresh)
~Combine flour, sugar,soda,cinnamon,salt. Make a well; pour in oil,berries,
and well beaten eggs. Mix by hand. Use 2 loaf pans, greased (and I coated them with
a cinnamon & sugar mixture) bake at 350 for 1 hour. Enjoy!


Then I made another dessert last night for Jase and I after we put the kids to bed.....he also declared it was the best cake ever....I think his exact words were: "It's so good it's wrong!"

I actually created this recipe in a way....so I think I will keep it a secret and you have to come to my house to have some ;)

Then we have some yummy zucchini......fried up with onions,butter, garlic salt....hmmmmmm....
we have been eating this at every meal (well okay, Jason isn't so fond of it, but Ellie is!!!)


What yummy things have you
been eating this summer???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So do I have to be invited to your house to have some of that awesome looking blueberry dessert, or can I just invite myself? :)
Seriously, we need to get together some time soon!
janelle