Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Love You Mommy

Today was a bad, bad day......

The morning started out with:
1-Gabe running into Ellie's bedroom and waking her up
2- Gabe getting cleaning supplies out of bathroom and spraying Lysol into her vaporizer
3- Gabe dumping a gallon of water on his bedroom floor
4- Gabe getting into the Vicks and smearing it on himself and his tractors AND his carpet
5- Gabe dumping water bottles on dining room floor
6- Gabe getting milk outa fridge and hiding under kitchen table, attempting to drink it
7- Gabe getting ice cubes and COVERING the living room floor with them
8- Gabe taking toys away from his sister
9- Gabe eating food not on his diet
10- Gabe throwing fruity pebbles on the floor
11- Mommy dropping the cordless phone into washing machine full of water

The afternoon consisted of:
Mommy dumping her coffee..during her quiet time...all over her Bible, her chair, her pants, her shirt, her feet.

The day ended with:
Gabe dumping his supper on the floor. Getting many spankings and chats as he absolutley refused to pick it up. Finally I stuck him in bed until his Daddy got home.
When I rocked him to sleep tonite, I told him I loved him just like I always do.
But tonite was different....Tonite, Gabe replied for the first time ever:
"I Love You Mommy."
And the Good Lord knew this Mama Bear's heart needed to hear that for the first time tonite.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Wow, what a day, with the perfect ending.

Marie Stork said...

Oh, Laura--I'm weary just reading about your day. I'll say an extra prayer for you!

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

Somehow those words can make everything better... especially for the first time. It warmed my heart just reading it, and made me think back to those special times I've had with my own boys after a day that you think has been designed to break you..lol You once again made me grow =) You're the best!!