Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Busy Mom Meal

DOES THAT LOOK YUMMY OR WHAT?????
I worked at the clinic today then came home and did piano lessons until 5:30 and realized I had nothing ready to go for supper.....*sigh* So I became creative with what I had and went to work.
5 recipe books and 1 internet search later....I threw something together.
BEHOLD......I think I am becoming my mother's daughter...finally....after many, many years ;)

*Laura's Barbeque Beef n Biscuits*

2 lbs browned hamburger with dried onion flakes
1/2 c catsup
1/2 c honey barbeque sauce
1 ts mustard
1/4 c lemon juice
1/2 c brown sugar
~Mix top ingred. together and place in 8X8 casserole dish.
~Cover top with shredded mozarella and cheddar cheese.
~Cover cheese with spread out and flattened 1 container of Pillsbury biscuits.
~Throw in oven at temp that yer biscuit container says about 20-25 min.

While that's baking.......Saute this:
1 bag frozen whole green beans
water and salt
lemon or lime juice
dried onion flakes
dried bacon crumbs.....I guessed at it all and didn't measure...just dumped til it tasted right.
They were yummy, quick, and easy!!!

Enjoy and let me know if yer kids like it too!!!!

1 comment:

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

I'm gonna have to try this =) Sheldon told me to be sure and check out your blog so I could make your recipe..(he reads it early in the morning before work) Miss you girl! I'll let you know the verdict from the Carver clan of boys..lol Did you make this up yourself? Your talents never cease to amaze me girl... super mom, working mom, exquisite blogger, piano teacher, photographer, and I could go on and on!!! I ADORE YOU!