Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fireproof


After not getting to go to church this morning because the kids were still considered contagious...
I was getting stir crazy!!!!!
With thanks to my Dad and Mom for keeping the kids, Jason whisked me away to marriage class at our church. Then it was out to pizza with my brother and his lady and my friend Sarah and her man. And THEN...it was off to see Fireproof at the Baptist Church in Fairbury.
Wow...so worth seeing. There's so much I could say about it but I'm soooooooooooo tired.
(Although...praise God.....both kids finally slept all night last night!)
Sarah...We have missed you soooooooooooo much!!! Was so good to hug yer neck again ;) Love ya friend.....and Thomas.....we love you too ;)
BASICS to remember from class today and movie:
1-Never leave your mate behind...especially when the storm gets the worst
2- A marriage is ALWAYS worth the fight
3- You will never be able to love the right way until you love Jesus first and foremost
4- Protect your family and marriage by getting rid of sinful addictions
5- Remember that God created men and women differently and therefore, we will think differently...and THAT'S OKAY!!
6- Don't focus on the negatives about your spouse...focus on the positives and those only
TO BE CONTINUED........Night...sleep tight......God bless you BIG this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you finally got to see it!!! hope your kids get to feeling better soon!

love ya, hope

SLP said...

Nickole was excited to go see the movie, but I think more excited to see SOMEONE:) Erik and I haven't seen it yet, but Mandy and Chris really liked it, too. One of these days...I'll check our schedule...supper sounds great, but RISK? Never heard of it:)

mjvan said...

Fireproof was an awesome movie. Chris and I got to go see it over our anniversary getaway. I actually think the next few Saturday nights are free for us in Jan. and Feb. Sat. nights are better for us because Fri. nights Chris works until 6:30pm at least, but we might be able to work it out if that works better for others. Sounds great!