Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pit of Ick

*WARNING* If you have a queasy tummy....DO NOT READ.
If you are a male, you may want to skip reading this post all together.

Well, this Mama Bear is grouchy, tired, and feels like she's been hit by a truck.
We've had the sickies at our house. Lil Miss Ellie is teething so she's had the runny and
icky nose and sore bottom that finally required prescription strength. Thankfully she has
been pretty happy for the most part.

Poor little Gabe has drainage/allergy/asthmatic we're not sure what going on. In the middle
of the nights for the last solid week he coughs and coughs and finally throws up multiple times.
Sometimes during the day also. Finally last night we ended up in the ER as he wasn't keeping
anything down. God bless the nurse that gave us the idea of putting blankets under his mattress to prop it up so when he lays down the drainage isn't so bad. He's back on the nebulizer treatments which always seem to help.

So honestly.....I'm tired of cleaning up puek all day and night a million bajillion times.
I'm tired of doing 10 million loads of laundry all because the puek bucket wasn't close enough.
I'm tired of wiping snotty noses.
I'm tired of cleaning sore bottoms.
I'm tired of feeling tired.
And to top it all off, after not having the womanly curse for almost 2 yrs (one of the blessings
of being pregnant and breastfeeding!!) it has decided to make it's presence in my life again.
When? In the middle of the pit of ick. I already felt like poop on a stick...really!
Could it be any worse!?!?!?!?

Yes....yes it can.
I could be watching my child throw up because of chemo effects and the enemy called cancer.
I could be burying a child because God called them home.
I could be childless and a barren woman, aching for babies to hold in my arms.
I could be a widow, crying at night, missing her loved one.

So really.....I have nothing to whine and complain about.
So this Mama Bear will quit being grouchy....she will suck it up and paste a smile on.
And she will start trusting her Father a little bit better.
And know that He has purpose in all pits of ick.

And in these nights when I have a hard time feeling thankful, I go visit this blog
and know that God hears our every heart cry in EVERYTHING we go thru.
And there's always, always someone out there, fighting a harder battle than me.

http://thelukesponbergfoundation.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Marie Stork said...

On the blog link you posted...did you know her brother Todd also lost one of his daughters. Some genetic thing. They both lost their babies not to far apart. Have you seen Todd's wife's blog? If not let me know and I will find it and you can see it. It's called "Bring the Rain" I think.
Marie

Julia Bauer said...

The link you posted really hit home. One of my very good friends at work had a little boy this spring, shortly after I found out I was pregnant. Her precious little boy, Jesse, passed away at 8 weeks old due to a very rare heart condition. Seeing her through this difficult time makes me even more grateful for our healthy little Harrison, his cries and even the sleep deprivation I'm feeling. It could all so easily be gone ...

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

There are those days of motherhood that truly make us able to go through anything ... even if we don't necessarily want to =) You are right, not having them there safe in your arms to take care of would have to be the worst feeling in the world. You're the best ;)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, Laura. I'm so sorry that you're in an icky pit right now, but thanks so much for sharing your heart. It is a great reminder to us busy and tired moms to be grateful for the little lives that God has blessed us with! Hope that Gabe and Ellie are feeling better soon!

SLP said...

Are you out of the pit in time for Thanksgiving? Hope so!!!!!!! Enjoy your family and friends...and food:)