Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Overwelmed Heart

Well I was to officially go back out into the work world today.
BUT....our son had different plans. After 2 days of feeling good and acting his onery self again,
last night the chunks started flying again. Thankfully for me ;) Daddy got to be the one
that rescued the poor lad.( Honestly.....all Daddies should have to help out with this I think.)
But that's just my opinion. I seriously think it makes a tougher man outa them ;)
So thank you honey, for last night. For letting me get out and hava girls night out and
for being the bestest Daddy ever. We wouldn't trade you for anyone!

So this morning, instead of starting to work with Dr. Austman (our family doc...also pictured delivering baby Jerzee in an earlier post) I headed in so she could treat Gabe. She sent us down to get a chest xray wanting to rule out pneaumonia but it came back negative. Sooooooo....he tried gagging and coughing on me a couple times on the trip to the hospital but I quickly distracted him with looking out the window for tractors. The girls at the hospital did great with giving him a coloring book and crayons and he was fasinated with the cleaning lady, mopping the floor. So seriously......we're just wondering if the drainage he has is just making him extra gaggy. *sigh*

I was actually excited about going back to work after praying about it since this past summer when she orignally asked me. I was so honored, as I had never put an application in, wasn't looking for a job, she just heard I had experience and wondered if I would be interested. At the time, it wasn't right.......but now......I had a peace about saying yes when she asked me again.
So thank You God, for once again providing. You are so faithful to us, Father and we are so humbled by Your mercies.

I have to just stay this: I'm super excited about getting all my scrubs out again after not wearing them for 2 1/2 years! Yipee! And just in time to get out the fun Christmas ones!

I read this today and it just spoke my heart:

"Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings." Psalm 61:1-4

Last night, watching Gabe sleep I was overwelmed with the feeling of: What is it? What is attacking our child's small body? Why does he have to keep going thru this? What if something more major is wrong inside of him....what if...what if....

And God got ahold of me and whispered love and promises yet again:
"Just trust Me. Just trust Me. Just trust Me. I hold him in My arms."
It wasn't much, but just enough for my overwelmed heart to relax and go to sleep,
knowing that my Father is in control of it all and sees even what we can't.
And He will see us thru every season in life. No fretting and worrying will get us anywhere
but in a deeper pit and God is the God of the mountaintops not the pit dwellers.

As for working....we'll see what tonite and tomorrow brings. My hopes are to begin work tomorrow! Yipee!

3 comments:

mjvan said...

How much are you gonna work? Is your mama keeping the kids?

Heath and Lindsey said...

What kind of work do you do?

Marie Stork said...

Working a few days outside the home always refreshed me! I wish you the best and you'll do just fine! Let me know if you ever need to talk!