Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Rain

We finally got some much needed rain today. I think someone said it's been 16 days!
We haven't mowed in forever and the grass was brown and crunchy....hurt the feet.

This morning during my coffee and quiet time, I have to say I was actually happy to see it getting cloudy.....I told God thank You before it even started....my heart needed it.

There were areas of my heart that were starting to get crunchy too....I wasn't letting God water it. So this morning.....I let Him in those areas.....and as Gabe and I danced and jumped and shouted to our Worship DVD......the walls in my heart came down as it thundered outside and the rain came down. And washed all the pain away.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that the rain in life we go thru in seasons are actually God's growing times for us. Praise God for the blue skies up above the rain......and after the storms.
I thought of this song tonite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IojIbn5J38
My brother Daniel got me hooked to this song many many years ago...and I still love it.

Hava good night.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the rain!!!! I absolutely LOVE this song too!! Praising God for all the blue skies after all the storms in life :)
love you lots...Hope

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

That was beautiful, and I had the same sort of night...It's 10:30 and I'm feeling so blessed, like God game me a special present tonight just to encourage me =) LOVE you & the song was wonderful!!!!!!!