Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Enemy

"24 Shall the prey be taken from the mighty,
Or the captives of the righteous be delivered?
25 But thus says the LORD:
“ Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away,
And the prey of the terrible be delivered;
For I will contend with him who contends with you,
And I will save your children. "

Isaiah 49

Yes...it's true...the devil...our fiercest enemy is prowling around...seeking to destroy, steal, and kill. But Hallelujah for what else is true: Our God will contend...and He saves and rescues!

Every time Jason and I seek God out deeper, read the Bible more often than just daily and pray together more than once a day....the devil attacks us....hard. I'm so angry at him right now that he thinks he can do the awful tricks he does. But I'm angry for the times that I don't get angry enough to fight back at him and instead I just let him walk all over the top of our marriage and our home.

So tonite...with holy anger...I will fight back at the devil...standing on the Solid Rock and fighting back with a more fervant desire to be a stronger warrior in the Kingdom. Not just for us but for our children...and the generations to come.

3 comments:

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

You go girl!! And don't forget there are friends out here that are praying for you too =) It's true, the deeper you push into God, the harder the devil pushes back...but "greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world!!" LOVE YOU

Marie Stork said...

What ever trial, burden, temptation you are facing sweetie...I will be praying for you!

Mary Sue said...

You are SO right--when we do what God wants, the enemy gets mad and attacks us more. And, so, we turn to God more. Amen, friend. I'm standing with you, too.