Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Stand Amazed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SGLJLlutS0

I love all kinds of music....but there's nothing like keeping the old hymns around.
I grew up in the Apostolic Christian Church and hymns were the foundation of our music.
There are so many good ones....so rich and deep with amazing stories behind them.

Bart Millard of MercyMe has done an album, Hymned and also Hymned Again...check them out sometimes....good, good stuff.

Below in the clip, he talks about the things we go thru in life. It's not about all that, it's truly about who we are in Christ and how we come across to the world. Are we coming across serious and non-smiling because we are caught up in being perfect for the people around us. Or are we coming across joyful because of who we are.....sanctified and redeemed by the blood of Jesus...and we live our lives for Him and Him alone....not for the people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb-wOkAdoSA

My heart's cry is this: That others would know the core truth: God loves you and He is our ultimate judge.....He should be our vision and the One we look to for counsel and wisdom on how to live our lives. And the best place to find that is in His Word. So quit worrying about what other people think. Dive into the River of Life with joy and freedom because there.....and only there....will we find who we really are.

3 comments:

Slightly crooked halo =) said...

Are you sure you're as young as you are??? Your words are always filled with such wisdom and depth! I know so many people your age who have no clue...they just wander through their life doing as they please, and mainly pleasing themselves, not caring about the big picture. I thank God everyday that he brought us together =)

Heath and Lindsey said...

Heath is still a Med student, 3rd year. He will have to start applying to Residency programs at the end of this year, so it will be exciting to see what he will become and where we will be in the next couple of years!

Um, I have never heard of forrest.

Aunt D said...

Thank you for always speaking to my heart in whatever trial or tribulation I am facing. It is uncanny. I am confident there is a reason why you are in my life girl! I love you....

Trying to be the person God would have me be.

Aunt Diana