Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Fun

So I had some fun this morning creating a new recipe from an old one...I will share it with you because they are way too yummy to keep to myself!

Chocolate Marshmellow Bars
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
2 Tbs water
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 package choc chips
Marshmellow Cream Sunday Topping

Mix ingred together. Put 3/4 mixture into greased 9X13 pan.
Pour marshmellow creme over top. Drop remaining batter over top and spread with fork.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!

I find myself praying when I'm baking or cooking for those who will be eating the food I make.
That as they eat it: God would touch them, bless them, and love them in the specific way they need it. I used to hate being in the kitchen....but the older I get, I see it as a time to be in prayer
and grow more into my Mama's shoes.

I came into the living room this morning to hear Gabe laughing and shouting to the thing hanging on the wall. Apparently he was the culprit of Ellie's passy landing in one of my wreaths as there was no way she could throw it that high and make it land there!
Later I caught him in the act.....what a nut! You just can't help but laugh sometimes at these creative kids God blesses us with.

We have the best Daddy in the world at our house. Last night while I cleaned up the kitchen from supper, Jason entertained the kids with a new game. Airplane on the floor pillow.
Also a great exercise workout for us parents in the process ;) I'll get right on that one.....



Happy Friday!!!
"Gentle words bring life and health; a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." Proverbs 15:4

2 comments:

Heath and Lindsey said...

WE have a huge pillow on our family room floor also. It is so great. Every kid who comes over loves to play on it!

Jack is going to be 8 months on the 27. So, I think Ellie is a little older than him?

mjvan said...

I still want a big pillow. I know it will take up most of our living room floor, but I also know we would use it a lot!