Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Hero

Today our community is missing one less hero.
My friend Brian died last night at the age of 24...fighting to save a home.

Our friends (and one of my piano students) lost their beautiful 3 story house last night
in a horrible fire. A backdraft type of thing happened and something exploded and Brian
lost his life.


Brian was a special guy. He always, always was smiling and was always there for you if you needed him. He was one of the hardest workin' men I knew and also one of the sweetest.


Sometimes I just ask God why......Why take all these young men so soon from us?

And then I think, He just needs more country boys up there with Him...because so many from our community have died young. I know God has purpose in it all and His timing is more perfect than ours...but sometimes....it's so hard to understand.
So today, I dedicate this song to him.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmAVGPEPSI
We love you Brian and we're gonna miss you so very, very much! You died a hero, buddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, laura, im so sorry to hear that. i get goose bumps just reading about that. just makes you want to hold your loved ones a little closer, realizing that sometime will be the last.
love you.
hallie