Monday, May 5, 2008

Not Ready Just Yet

Today Gabe came to me and said "I poo, I poo" which means he has done his duties and needs his diaper changed. But today he had not...so I said, "Want to go on the big boy potty?"
He smiled big, laughed, and took my hand....He led me to the bathroom, pulled down his pants...and we proceeded to sit. He jabbered non stop...played with the toilet paper....nothing happened. I tried encouraging him.....nothing happened...he proceeded to touch everything and that was it....I was done. I think it is so nasty (even though I clean often!) for little kids to be dinking around the throne. We'll try again another day. I'm not pushing it yet.

I thought afterwards how so much we are like this with God. He says we're ready for something in life....takes us by the hand and stands right beside us the whole time. And how many times, we procastinate, dilly-dally, get off the path, get distracted, then sometimes, we just give up. We think we're not ready for whatever it is. But really...it doesn't matter. As long as God says it's okay...go on...we can do anything...For with God, all things are possible! Our minds are the battle ground...so we just gotta get Jesus in focus...and put up the blinders on either side of our eyes and have tunnel vision: For Jesus. Great things happen then....when we say Yes to God.

2 comments:

mjvan said...

Just a little note . . . I took Kinley to nurse Debbie yesterday for his 18 mo. check and shots. OUch! Anyway, she told me that when Kinley starts wanting to go poo on the potty, which he is beginning to tell me when he goes now, to put a stool or something for his feet so he has something to push against, otherwise it is really hard for them to go. Sounds like Gabe just wanted to play though. Kinley does that too. I have tried taking him some.

Mary Sue said...

I really enjoy having mommies as friends--most of the time. Posts like this make me rethink that, though.