Monday, May 12, 2008

Monkey Business

Well....Gabe continues his daily activities of keeping me busy.
Tonite he kept climbing and hanging on the back of Ellie's swing...and I of course, kept
disciplining and saying no, you will break it. He listened finally...then awhile later he came
back again. This time, he had climbed onto the side of the swing, his rear was sitting on the back of her swing and hanging on the rail, his legs wrapped around the rail, and swinging back and forth....just like a monkey. I just wish I had the camera (it was in Jason's car and he was gone). He tried to sit very still but the weight of his body kept moving the swing and he would give a scared yelp as it moved then it would still...then the same thing again....I had to laugh so hard before I finally rescued him....his eyes were big as saucers and guess what?!?!?! He didn't climb or hang on it again tonite!

Much to my dismay, Gabe figured out how to hang on the entertainment center wooden door and swing back and forth today also.......I don't think it will handle many more of those happenings! It's a great piece of furniture but NOT that great!

He got himself stuck in Ellie's walker the other day....once again, I couldn't find the camera...but the kid was very traumitized!!

He has been a big tease to Ellie lately...He will take whatever he is eating for snack and set it in front of her, watch her, then grab it back.

He loves to say Wow! at very appropriate times....the other day we had a train of 39 motorcycles come past our house....he was wowed!

He pulled my curling iron out of the drawer today and acted like he was doing his hair....ha ha!

He figured out how to open the refridgerator door....uh oh.......

He had gotten into the cupboard with the box of garbage bags and pulled them out everywhere. I disciplined him and went on my way. A little later he came to me, took my hand, and led me to his bedroom. He had gotten the box of bags again and pulled them out onto his floor. He shook his finger at the box and said No! No! I just had to laugh....I've only realized lately how much I actually shake my finger ;)

1 comment:

mjvan said...

Kinley hasn't figured out how to open doors yet, thankfully! I know my life will become a lot busier when he does!