Friday, May 2, 2008

Camouflaged Surroundings

The other day I was traumatized by a spider...yup, I hate them and they probably hate me.
Even though I grew up a farm girl and saw all kinds of scary and nasty insects and rodents...I still am afraid of spiders. When I went to Haiti, I saw a HUGE, hairy, black spider the size of a child's shoe....I shivered for weeks. There is a picture in my album from that trip....not for me to look at, but for proof that there are such nasty things in the world...somewhere.

So, we spray the foundation every 6 mths for such things as these. But some always manage to sneak in our house. Most interesting about this house is that most all the spiders are a light tan/straw color....you have to look really hard to see them. Well.....let me tell ya....my eyes are strained at maxium strength this time of year. For I would hate to mistaken that spider for something else that color.

Lo and behold, the other day, one was crawling on the bathroom wall when I was getting ready. Gabe was playing in the hallway right outside the door and heard me shriek. I ran to get Daddy's sandal to kill him and by the time I got back, the spider was running rapidly for cover. Gabe saw this and was traumitized also, so I had to calm down. I got us both calmed down and we watched that smart lil spider crawl into my decor above the toilet. There is a little sign hanging from a hook with straw stuff hanging from it. And what do you think that lil guy did? Yup....he started spinning himself a nice cacoon into the straw and if I wouldn't have seen him crawl to there, I would have never know he was there. I eventually killed him successfully.
I still do not use the throne in peace yet....I lift the seat and look cautiously everywhere around it, above it, below it.....I have a fear of spiders biting me or scaring me while I'm peacefully emtying my bladder and bowel.

Moral of the story: Evil things will try to camouflage themselves into nice and pretty looking things in life. Therefore: Always, always be on guard and be aware of your surroundings...who and what you surround yourself with...and where you go.
*AND* Always inspect your royal throne's vicinity...ya never know who or what may be lurking around watching you sprinkle when you tinkle.

Happy Friday!! Love n Hugs...Laura

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am totally afraid of spiders too...living on a pond, we tend to deal with more than average. It stinks.