Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Crumbs

Today we had a visiting preacher from Indiana....it was an awesome day...He has been given the gift of healing....and many many were healed today of various things! Hallelujah!

I enjoyed the day...especially since my brother Daniel and his boy Gage came with us. Gage is such a little blessing boy. Let me tell you about him. He was spoken over a couple mths ago by an annointed man who has been given the gift of prophecy that he (Gage) would be a mighty man of God someday and even in his young age, people will say this is a special kid. Today, I saw the first of big blessings coming from him. A man from our church came up to us after Dan and Gage had left and told us this: " Your little nephew came running up to me today, we had never met....threw his arms around my legs and hugged me, then proceeded to put his arms up to be picked up. So I did and we had the greatest conversation. Later right before they left, he came running up to me again and gave me a big kiss and a hug...this boy was adorable." My friends, let me tell you, our nephew has just turned 3 yrs old and already he's blessing BIG....wow!

Tonite I was telling Jason how sometimes I struggle with being jealous of him getting to "get more out of sermons than I do". I keep busy with Gabe and Ellie during praise and worship since Jason is on the team...and even though Gabe goes to Sunday school now, sometimes I feel discombulated with either feeding Ellie, or rocking her to sleep. I know it's a season of life that will pass all too quickly, but I told him sometimes I feel like I just come home with "crumbs." And he said this: "Be thankful for the crumbs then." Man, I hate it when he comes up with such stinkin' BIG wisdom that is sooooo true.

So today Father, I thank You for the crumbs. Thank You for filling me up even when I don't always see or feel it. Help me to remember You will provide in all things. I love You Father...In Jesus' name...Amen.

2 comments:

mjvan said...

I needed to hear that! Thanks!
Getting together at Jennifer and John's would be fun. Let us know.
Love Mandy

Marybeth Whalen said...

Hey Laura-- thanks so much for your encouraging words over on my blog! That means a lot!!

I wanted to recommend you read Passionate Housewives Desperate For God. It is SO worth reading. And I know it will minister to you right where you're at. I wish I had read it when I was where you are with raising little ones!!