Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You are a Jewel

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10 NKJV

Sometimes I get so frustrated and down on myself that I can't get certain things right in my life. Like I feel I try so hard to do better at certain things and the harder I try, the worse I do. I know looking back that I'm trying to much of it myself....even though I"m praying about it and telling God that I'm giving it to Him...I didn't really surrender it fully to Him. I am like that poem where it talks about giving it all (or so we thought) to God, then getting frustrated with Him that it didn't turn out how we wanted it to. God then says: My child, how could I when you never gave it to me completely to fix in the first place?

So, I looked up workmanship this morning in Webster's. It says this:
WORKMANSHIP: the quality imparted to a thing in the process of making.
Thank You Father for the reminder that I am a constant work in progress....and You are not going to give up on me...no matter what. Because You love me thru and thru....even with all my mistakes and mess-ups along the way. Thank You that Your mercies are new everyday!

"For we are God's masterpiece, He created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do good things He planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10 (not sure about the version, we are about to check out of hotel and didn't have time to look up, forgive me)
MASTERPIECE: showpiece; blockbuster, success; gem, jewel, prize, treasure---these are synomyms, words that mean the same.

God loves what He created. That means He loves us unconditionally. That means you are sooooooooooooo very very loved. That means you are a jewel. Precious in His sight.

Love n Hugs....Laura

No comments: