Monday, March 17, 2008

Super Great Birthday


So today was my 25th birthday (man, that just sounds old!)...and it was super great.

Let me tell you why:

1- I got to sleep in until 9:00 cuz the kids did! yipee!


2- All 4 of my brothers, my brotherinlaw, my brother's girlfriends and my sisterlaw called me.

Then numerous calls thruout the day and into the evening...wow, getting older does have it's perks!


3- My dear husband had his 1st block class (70 students!!!) call and sing over the phone.


4- Gabe climbed onto the kitchen counter and got my cell phone when i was changing Ellie's diaper and called a friend of mine 2 times and i didn't know until he called me 15 mins later to say, "Hi Laura, how are you? (my cuz/friend who we bought our house from but i hadn't talked to him for a couple wks) And I said, Good! (thought maybe he was calling to wish me a happy birthday but thought that was weird cuz we don't talk on regular basis) Then there was silence, cuz I had said I was good, but was waiting for him to tell me why he was calling. Then he said, Well, I had 2 missed calls from you. What? I didn't call you....oh wait, that must have been monkey boy....the one that snuck black bananas(ready for bread making) off the counter WITH the cell phone into his bedroom and called you on the phone while he smashed the bananas into his carpet. But happy birthday to me: he didn't smash them all!!!


5- Spent part of the day with my wonderful mama and she made me the best birthday cake ever: Chocolate cake with chocolate pudding and whipped cream and heath toffee bar bits....oh yummy! Mom: you can make me that grasshopper pie next week if you want ;) (what I usually ask for my birthday...since i am a leprachon after all ;)


6- Beautiful purple flowers from my "big sis" Kathy.....i love purple!!!


7- My hubby stayed home to spend quality time with me instead of going out to play basketball with the guys which is monday night routine.


8- Money....can't complain about that one....especially in the season of life we're in.


9- And most of all, the one that made me cry. When I checked my email tonite, there was a birthday wish from Blake. He has the birthday alarm on his email and his dear mom must still check his messages.....but the message was signed from blake.... thank you barb...i love you


10- 4 yrs ago today I got 2 slow dances with the man that became my hubby. He went along with a group of friends and I to Stone Country...country line dancing...to celebrate my 21st bday...and he HATES country. But he came anyways and I was the only woman he danced with that night. He was the first man I had ever danced with...it was purty stinkin' special ;) Thanks Jason for the awesome memories on my birthdays...yer the best of the best. I love you most.


TFTD: "SO much has been given to me, I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied." ~ Helen Keller


Heavenly Father....thank you for the beautiful day of blessings even though it was raining all day. Thank You that spring is coming right around the corner! Thank You for Your abiding love. In Jesus' Name...Amen.


Love n Hugs...Laura

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like an AWESOME day. I'm so glad you had a memorable "25th". :-)

mjvan said...

Happy Birthday a day late Laura! Sounds like a good day!

SLP said...

Happy Birthday! We would love to get together with you guys! I'm not sure about dates, but just to let you know Steve Manning will be here Sat. March 29 at 6:30 and Sun. March 30 at church. We'd love to see you then!