Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Birthday Continues


Wow....guess my birthday wasn't done.

Last night when I got to bed, Jase had left a card on my pillow.

Then, I had a beautiful dream about Blake...God is so good to give us such "real like" dreams!

This morning, I got more happy belated bday phone calls.

This afternoon, I got many more emails...and one more card awaiting me from my hubby on the keyboard when I opened up the armoire. What a guy.....

The birthday gift from him comes next week: He's taking me back to the fantasy suites in Clinton, IL that we enjoy so much. AND we're doing lotsa good eatin', shopping,movies, relaxing...etc..with no kids! yipee! ( we love our kids....but treasure our alone times ;)

Thank you to all who made my 25th a memorable one! My big brother reminded me this morning too that my insurance will now go down.........yahoo!!!


Guess what?!?!?! Our grass is turning green! Yesssssssss! The first day of spring is thursday...and it definatley smells like spring here with all this rain....you can just smell the ozone ;) And I always know that spring is right around the corner when my big brother Dan goes back to work full time. He is a landscaper that gets laid off in the winter other than snow plowing, etc. So this morning, we chatted while he worked in the drizzling rain. Boy do I love being a stay at home mama, a great perk of the job to sometimes get to choose to stay inside ;)


I also just want to add how much I love my family and growing up with my brothers. So for those of you just joining me, I will fill you in and add a picture. (will someone please tell me how i add the picture by the paragraph instead the top of my post????)

Daniel is my big brother...we are the same age for a week (his birthday is next week) we always thought this was so cool growing up ;) bet my mama didn't when she was changing our diapers.

He is married to Julie and they have 2 boys, Ethan and Gage. He's the landscaper and a stinkin' good one too I must add ;)

Joshua is then after me....he is the world's greatest electrician among many other things. He is a year younger than me.

Jacob is the cowboy.....he does concrete work, farmwork, and rides bulls. Yup, that's the boy that makes me catch my breath when I watch him ride. To think, I always wanted to marry a cowboy. Now I know why God had other plans.....it's so hard to watch those you love!! He is dating a super sweet barrel racer....By the name of Randi...we call her Ray-Ray and she is the most adorable cowgirl you ever saw ;) We're looking forward to all their rodeos this summer.

Isaac is the youngest...and the biggest. Dan and Josh are 6'7 and I think finally done growing (complete with size 14 shoes) but Isaac is still growing, a junior in highschool and a big 6'4ish....can't imagine how tall he's gonna get. He's dating a cute lil chick named Chelsea...we're going to watch her sing in concert tonite. (that would be all of my hubby's students)

I absolutley LOVE these boys and thank the Lord I grew up the only girl. Some friends say oh it's so fun with just sisters....well ya know what?? I wouldn't trade it....it's been the best of the best and honestly, I hope our little Miss Ellie has all brothers!!! (although, please Lord, not all as onery as Gabe....otherwise yer gonna have to start placing extra patience in my pockets!!!)


SO here's a picture of my goodlookin' TALL family....I think we've decided Jason and Jacob are the only normal sized men ;)


Happy Days to you! Blessings and Hugs!!! Love....Laura

1 comment:

Nate-n-Heidi said...

Sorry, Laura...meant to get an email to you yesterday to say Happy Birthday! Oh well, better late than never, right? Also, who's the friend with lymphoma? I haven't heard anything. Anyway, have a great one! :)