Thursday, March 20, 2008

Signs of Spring

How we know that spring has arrived here in Forrest,IL:

1- The furnace hasn't run all day!!!
2- The sun is getting stronger because the kitchen is croakin' hot with the sun beatin' down in the skylights. In the winter, the kitchen is cold because of the skylights...it wasn't cold today!
3- Gabe didn't get cold hands and feet all morning even with just a tshirt on. (he has not one ounce of fat on his body and gets cold easily)
4- The grass is getting greener!!!
5- My brother the landscaper says it's beautiful to be working outside today!
6- Kids are skating boarding by with no coats on.
7- Spring break started at 2:00 today for my hubby!!!! No school til April!!! Woohoo!!!
8- A custom-made oak "half door" that blocks the stairs to the basement in our kitchen opens easily. (when it's cold, the latch gets tighter than all get out)
9- My coffee is making me so hot right now I had to put on a pair of shorts ;)
10- Beautiful yellow blooming daffodils arrived at my house last from American Cancer Society.
They are gorgeous...and make me think how joyful Blake is in Heaven...and that we should have joy as our garment today too.

I always think of this verse in the spring...it just seems like the earth does truly sing to it's Maker when it brings forth beauty in the trees, flowers, etc. Lotsa color and warmth after such a long winter of cold and dreariness.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you." Isaiah 55:12

Love n Hugs...Laura

No comments: