Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our pastor preached an awesome sermon the other day about foot washing.
Remember when Jesus washed His disciples feet? Pastor said we all have our dirty "feetness" about us. Our weaknesses, our bad attitudes, gossiping, etc...and it's easy to point out everyone else's faults. Our job as Christians is to be a servant and help wash your brother and sister's feet in love. Foot washing requires love even when you don't "like" the person. We don't actually have to wash a person's foot...though highly recommended ;) But simply by lending a helping hand, sending an encouraging note, making a phone call, giving someone a ride, taking a meal, etc. This means foot washing won't always necesssarily be a great time, but when we step out of our comfort zones and show love to those around us...we can be more like Jesus.

2 comments:

SLP said...

Hi Laura! It will be fun to keep in touch this way. I never thought I would blog, but it has been fun. I love to read about what everyone else is up to. I told Erik it is like a mom's group except we don't have to shower, load up kids, and go out! Although, I would love that too!

mjvan said...

Glad to see you've entered the blog world! I have enjoyed it a lot. I love reading about everyone else's days, thoughts, etc. Hope we can actually see you soon! I want to meet your baby girl!