Thursday, June 5, 2014

Choices of Today

This has been a long and rough week.....last night I went to bed determined that today would be much better and we are closer to the weekend. This morning I woke up, made coffee and realized I was COMPLETELY OUT of my amazing and yummy Bailey's French Vanilla creamer. I told myself..".ok, don't let this make you grouchy....just do the healthy thing you've been trying to switch to for years"....so I poured in some vanilla soymilk and some honey. I sat down on the couch and started sipping.... listening to the birds and feeling the amazing cool breeze come in the open windows. 2 little monkies started yelling and fighting downstairs....I go downstairs, deal with the issue, and come back up to my happy place. I sit down with my healthy coffee (that really just doesn't taste as good as normal) and take a deep breath. "Today is going to be a great day!" I tell myself......I keep sipping, I start writing in my journal......the next thing I know I'm getting shot IN THE FACE with a nerf gun. As coffee went flying everywhere, and  I tried hard to ignore the tears that filled my eyes from the awful pain in my face......I realized 3 little monkies were watching me....with very large, horrified eyes. And then the guilty little adorable monkey burst into tears. I scooped her in my arms and told her I was just fine, gave her proper shooting instructions, wiped away her tears, and told her I loved her. So maybe things have to get worse before they get better. I have a choice today......I can put on my big girl pants and keep having a happy heart......OR??? I could just run away to a tropical retreat very, very far away. Today, I choose #2. Someone please notify Papa Monkey that he needs to pack his bags and come find me ;)

No comments: