Friday, April 25, 2014

MONKEYSTORY #725


I was dancing like a crazy Mama this morning to the Pharrell Williams' Happy song this morning in the kitchen.
The littlest monkey says: "Mommy? When can I grow up?"
I reply...."Someday...soon enough sweetie...why do you ask?"
She replies: "Because, I want to grow up so I can be a Mommy just like you."

And it's in that breathtaking, heart stopping moment that God reminds me of this:

No matter how many times, we as Mamas, feel we have messed up one too many times...
we've lost our patience, we yelled, we got frustrated, we didn't take enough time during the day to stop and listen or cuddle....whatever it may be.....THERE IS GRACE FOR US. And that grace never runs out.

We are human....and though we have to be superwomen ALOT of days.....there is grace for the times we mess it up. And these littles have super powers of their own called QUICK FORGIVENESS. (that we adults need take to take better notes on)

So dance in your kitchens Mamas!!! (There is something magical that happens I promise you!)
Be silly!! Laugh!!! SMILE OFTEN!!! And don't be too hard on yourself. You've got this! I've got this! Because there will always be GRACE ENOUGH for all of us! Love and parenting is a wild and messy thing....but it's one of the most rewarding and amazing adventures I have ever embarked upon :)

No comments: