Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Love the Life You Live

The end of the day finds me sitting on the girl's bedroom floor.....both of them with a hairbrush in hand. Fighting over who gets to brush Mommy's hair first. I separate it, they each get half. The giggling and "beautifying" of the crazy hair begins. I sit amongst dirty princess undies, dirty Kleenexes, stinky socks, a little purple pull-up, teddy bears, hair ties, books, blankies...... and stare at an overflowing basket of little girl dirty laundry. I feel blessed beyond measure at this moment. This Mama Monkey never went and got a college degree. But I can tell you this with all my heart: I'm ok with that. Right now....I'm living the crazy life of a dream I once had as a little chick growing up on a dairy farm. All I ever wanted was to find "the one" to be my best friend, stay at home and raise our littles, All the money in the world and a college degree can't buy me that. Who knows....maybe someday I'll still go off to college. But for now....I'm loving these crazy monkies. I'm lingering in the moments of here and now of: peanut butter and jelly kisses, baseball games, cowboys & Indians, sandbox messes, half eaten soggy waffles, smudged fingerprinted windows, and hide & seek....before they too, grow up and go live their little girl dreams. At the end of the day....what gives your heart the most peace, what makes you smile the biggest, and gives you the greatest joy.....that is the very thing you hold on to tightly. And don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. You know your heart's dreams better than anyone else. #lovethelifeyoulive

No comments: