Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Grateful...

Earlier, I watched the monkies laugh and run around the yard tonight with the new water guns....I smiled and felt so grateful. Later, after they've been tucked into bed, they think they don't need to stay in bed and try escaping 45 times....I get frustrated and lose my patience. Now, my heart is broken as I read all the latest updates on Oklahoma. My mind cannot grasp what these Mamas are feeling......the ones that have found out they will never hold their sweet babies in their arms again. The seven little ones they found drowned in a pool of water. The ones who wait for the digging to stop and the lost to be found. Life just hurts bad....it stinks, and it's really not fair sometimes. But I know this much....the same God who hung the stars holds us in His arms. He catches every tear drop that falls and He is the one who keeps us from falling apart when the darkness closes in. I'm going to go cuddle my sleeping monkies and pull them close one more time tonight....and then tomorrow, I think I'm going to work on being a patient Mama.

No comments: