Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MONKEYSTORY #695



BabyMonkey was being disciplined this morning for bad behavior/bad choices.
After I got done lecturing her and giving her the tiniest little swat on her hiney,
she put her hands on her hips, rolled her eyes and matter of factly tells me:
"That did not even hurt Mommy!"
I proceeded to lecture her with a louder voice....she proceeded to burst into tears
and began yelling at the top of her lungs:
"I'M NEVER COMING BACK HERE AGAIN!!!"
{This is the very same little monkey that had just been playing with her dolls, singing...
"I have decided to follow Jesus." *sigh*}
I just look at the newly turned 3 year old and said, "Where? You're not coming back
to our house?"
She yells: "YES! I'M NEVER COMING BACK, I'M GOING TO MEEMEE'S HOUSE!!!!"
I calmly walk her to the front door and open it...calling her bluff....while the older 2 monkies stare at me with big eyes. "Ok honey, you can walk to MeeMee's now...when you are ready to apologize to Mommy and have a better attitude, you can come back."
Gabe whispers loud to Ellie, "She doesn't even have her shoes on!!!"
BabyMonkey's wails quiet down and she stands looking at the open door then back up
at me with tear-filled eyes. I try it again, "Go on honey.....it's a little chilly, but it's sunny...have a great walk to MeeMee's!"
Ellie whispers loudly this time, "Do you think we should give her a coat to wear?!?!?!"
BabyMonkey melts into a puddle and wraps her arms around my legs.
"I saw-wee Mommy, I just stay here silly pants."
"Aubrie Grace, did you just call your Mommy a silly pants??"
She looks up at me, "Yes, Mommy, you silly....Me not going to walk to MeeMee's!!!
I saw-wee....I not talk to you like that again."

No comments: