Sunday, March 10, 2013

FOREVER FEARFUL....NEVER SCARED


*sermon snippets from Pastor Steven Furtick

2 Types of Fear:
a-The wave of fear that hits you in the face.
b- The underlying current of fear that drags you along in life that
you didn't even realize that was there.

GOD IS IN THE CENTER OF IT ALL....
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with
punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

"...Dread does not exist but full grown (complete and perfect) love turns fear out of doors and
expels every trace of terror."  (amplified version)

God is the bouncer that stands at the door of our destiny and doesn't allow fear to enter.

The fears that you feel are usually a result of a lie that someone told you about something.
Alot of the issues we face in life (bullying, over eating, gossiping, etc) often stem from our fears.

When you are scared of God, you are scared of what you have done in sin towards Him and what He's going to do to you.
The fear of God is to be terrified to ever be outside of His protection.

FAITH IN GOD IS THE PRESENCE OF CHRIST BIGGER THAN ANY FEAR I FACE.

The enemy uses fear to keep us from going to the next level....to keep us from doing amazing things in life.

Fear stands at the doorway of every destiny and blocks us, saying: "I dare you to try to come this way."

God's LOVE comes to the doorway and says, "Fear, you have no place here! I am the way....I will uphold my child with my hand. I will never leave you or forsake you. I will never let go at any moment. I will hold you in my arms every step of the way. I love you....I believe in you. When you walk thru the fires, they will not burn you, I will be with you. When you go thru the waters, they will not overtake you. I've got you.....I hold you in my arms....I will carry you."

To watch the complete sermon, go here....it's worth your time. Be blessed!
MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON PART 1, RIGHT BELOW THE BIG WHITE BOX.
http://elevationchurch.org/sermons/room101/running-from-your-life

No comments: